Canon has officially announced the EOS 5D Mark IV, the fourth generation of its full-frame DSLR for enthusiast and professional photographers. Built around a 30MP Dual Pixel AF sensor, it significantly extends the still and video capabilities the series has become known for.
The 30MP Dual Pixel CMOS sensor allows for fast phase-detection autofocus in video and -for the first time in a Canon full-frame body – continuous focus for stills shooting in live view. Video can be captured in the DCI (4096 x 2160) 4K format at up to 30p (and up to 60p in 1080, and 120p in 720). 4K video is captured in the high quality but inefficient Motion JPEG format.
The camera’s AF coverage, sensitivity and lens compatibility has been expanded in-line with the EOS-1D X Mark II and the maximum frame rate boosted to seven frames per second. The 5D IV also becomes the first model to capture separate data from the dual photodiodes that make up each pixel, enabling some innovative post-processing options to correct for minor focus errors or remove lens ghosting.
The EOS 5D Mark IV will go on sale in early September with an MSRP of $3499. Kits with the 24-70mm F4L IS will ship at around the same time for $4399, while a 24-105mm F4L IS II USM kit follows in late October for $4599.
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW***, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
Via : https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iv